Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
York, Pennsylvania/Direct hire
JFC Global is on the search for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our client's team on a direct hire basis. This position is located in northern York, towards Harrisburg.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for planning, designing and setup of new product processes as well as optimizing processes for released products. They are responsible for ensuring new and released products are manufacturable; providing oversight and input during design development, prototyping and production phases. Collaborates with design engineering, planning, procurement, production and quality functions to achieve reliable, high quality and cost effective products. Develops and improves manufacturing methodologies to produce militarized products for the Defense industry.
- Develops work instruction methodology and work standards.
- Leads the organization for training in J Standards and IPC.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of the buildings, labs, and equipment.
- In charge of the organization and implementation of LEAN manufacturing principles.
- Coordinates with engineers, purchasing, manufacturing, and quality to resolve, design, supplied and quality issues.
- Monitors the cost of materials, labor, and overhead to determine the organization capability to design, produce and test products.
- Coordinates development, implementation and evaluation of performance matrix systems and departmental policies and procedures to support LEAN, 5S and SPC.
- Formulates programs regarding technology advancements, production optimization, product quality improvement and overall project cost reductions.
- Responsible for analyzing and implementing corrective actions to address broad operational problems and interrelated activities concerning product development, production, product quality and safety.
- Organizationally partners with all functional areas to transition new products to production utilizing the ERP/MRP system.
- ERP/MRP work includes guiding and assisting engineering in the maintenance of part masters, BOM’s, Routings, attaching of link files, etc.
- Responsible to lead the 5S workplace organization efforts throughout the facilities.
- Supports engineering and production functions for released products BOM accuracy, coordinating with all functional areas to ensure ERP/MRP system integrity.
- Evaluates, analyzes, and improves manufacturing processes for enhancement of existing products, building robust process control into the operations.
- Oversees development of production workforce work instructions and methodology
- Evaluates and approves continuous improvement initiatives to enhance quality, cost reduction and throughput.
- Provides technical support to production and quality to trouble shoot and resolve product quality and process flow issues.
- Participates in personal continuous professional development
Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree (engineering discipline) from four-year college or university and three years engineering/manufacturing experience and/or training or Associate’s (A.S.) degree (engineering discipline) and five years related engineering/manufacturing experience and/or training. Experienced and knowledgeable with electrical/mechanical components and equipment, and sheet metal fabrication. Understanding of HVAC refrigeration components and integrated control systems desirable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP/MRP Software. Familiarity with SolidWorks, AutoCAD and Adobe Acrobat desired.
*Submit your resume today for immediate consideration! We are looking forward to speaking with you!
Not ready to apply? Call or Email Matt Walsh at 717-761-8095 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential conversation about your search.*
We’re Here to Help
Start your Search Now
Contact a Recruiter