York, Pennsylvania/Direct hire
JFC Global is looking for a Reliability Engineer to join a client of ours down in the York, PA area!
The Reliability Engineer will be responsible for improving reliability of packaging operations at the plant. They are looking for someone to implement continuous improvement methodologies as well. In addition, another key responsibility will be assisting the Packaging Engineer with the CAPEX projects as well as being able to handle smaller projects under instruction from the packaging engineer.
- Design and modify new products and equipment, support existing designs, improve production techniques, equipment and develop test procedures.
- Support the efficient and effective operations of the packaging lines by improving the reliability of the packaging equipment.
- Incorporate principles of lean manufacturing such as 5S, key TPS elements, TPM, etc., to recommend innovative approaches to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Utilize root cause analysis techniques to solve issues in a permanent, sustainable way.
- Utilize failure mode and effects analysis to identify potential issues and set in place activities to mitigate the identified risks.
- Resolve packaging problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies and concepts.
- Lead cross-functional teams, addressing technical challenges to achieve critical objectives.
- Provide information and engineering support for operations and maintenance departments as needed.
- Promote active leadership in the implementation of plant wide lean manufacturing efforts, integrating lean manufacturing disciplines in the engineering department.
- Assist the Packaging Engineer in the execution of Capital Projects ensuring that they meet project commitments with regards to cost, schedule and performance.
- Lead smaller capital projects under the guidance of the Packaging Engineer.
- Stay abreast of packaging equipment technology developments and communicate relevant developments to staff.
- Evaluate opportunities and recommend implementation where appropriate.
- Create and update standard work to move learnings and tribal knowledge into systems that promote training and sustainment.
- Promote fair and consistent adherence to all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field preferred.
Maintenance and reliability experience in manufacturing preferred.
Minimum 2 years previous experience in high volume, multiple SKU, fast-paced manufacturing environment.
If you are interested, or if you have questions before applying, please contact Carley Bobb at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717-761-8095.
We’re Here to Help
Start your Search Now
Contact a Recruiter